Georgia vs. Florida Football Classic on October 24 – 27, 2012 This is a great football event that draws a huge crowd to Jacksonville every year. And no wonder, it’s a great time for Gators, Bulldogs and all other football fans to come and visit. The Georgia vs. Florida Football Classic celebration attracts over 100,000 fans from all over the country.
There’s a long list of activities taking place including the Championship Dreams Festival, RV City, Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and much more.
Gameday: October 29, 2011 at Everbank Field
Kick Off: 3:30 p.m.
Tickets to the 2010 game sold by the universities:
Georgia-Florida Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Friday, October 26, Noon at 12:30 p.m.
Touchdown Showdown Tent in Pepsi Plaza (Outside EverBank Field’s south end zone) General admission is free.
Corporate tables (10 seats) are $500.
For tickets, call the Jacksonville Sports and Entertainment Board (904) 630-3600.
Ceremony begins at 12:30 p.m. at Touchdown Showdown Tent in Pepsi Plaza(outside the south end zone). The Jacksonville Sports and Entertainment Board created the Georgia-Florida Hall of Fame to acknowledge the many great records, performances, career highlights and outstanding memories that have made the Georgia-Florida game one of college football’s great traditions.
- University of Georgia Inductees: David Greene and Charles Whittmore
- University of Florida Inductees: Doug Dickey and John L. Williams
Lots of fun for the whole family outside the stadium. Start out by showing your team spirit and get your face painted and add a couple of cool-looking temporary tattoos. Now you’re ready for the big day. There’s lots of fun stuff to do at the free, interactive Championship Dreams festival during the Florida-Georgia weekend. Interactive games and festivities for the whole family include:
- Watch the game and all the pre-game stuff on the giant jumbotrons in the Championship Dreams Festival and Adams Street
- Live radio broadcasts
- Challenge your rival team to many fun, interactive games
- Get the latest Bulldog and Gator merchandise
- Show your spirit with free face painting and temporary tattoos in team colors and logos. (This is a must for serious fans!)
- There are Georgia-Florida information booths on Adams Street and the Championship Dreams Festival staffed with volunteers. Get maps, schedule of events, transportation information and more info here.
- Food and Beverage Vendors — No alcohol sales.
- Food and beverage booths will remain open until the end of the game.
Note: There is no sale of alcohol in this area
Georgia vs. Florida Weekend Hotline 1-800-985-FLGA (3542)
For updated information visit the Florida vs. Georgia Website.