It is said that The Concerts in the Plaza is the best way to spend a Thursday night in St. Augustine, Florida.
Concerts in the Plaza brings a variety of music to St. Augustine’s historic downtown all summer long – from Bluegrass and blues, jazz and country, swing and folk, to old time and popular rock. The concerts take place outdoors in the Gazebo in the historic Plaza de la Constitución.
Concerts in the Plaza kicks off the season with a performance by the St. Augustine Jazz Society on Memorial Day from 1 pm – 5 pm. Then the concerts continue all summer long on Thursdays at 7 p.m. and concludes, as does summer, on Labor Day with another afternoon performance.
All concerts are free and attendees should bring lounge chairs for seating. Picnic dinners are popular, but alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the Plaza.
Concerts in the Plaza prides itself on providing a wide variety of entertainment by showcasing the best in regional musical talent. For many of the series’ most faithful followers, a highlight of the weekly concerts is the chance to become reacquainted with some favorite performers. Some bands have been playing in the series season after season while others have joined the roster in more recent years guaranteeing a wide variety of entertainment all summer long.
All concerts are free of charge and those attending may wish to bring lawn chairs or blankets for seating.
For more information and directions to the Plaza de la Constitución, call 904.825.1004 or visit www.plazaconcerts.com.
The 2012 schedule is:
- May 28 Memorial Day* The St. Augustine Jazz Society - The Bill Doyle Quintet Kenny Mackenzie & Friends
- June 7 - Bob & Joline’s Friends of Mine Band
- June 14 - Big Pineapple
- June 21 - Mid-Life Crisis
- June 28 - Lightly Salted
- June 30 - The Driftwoods
- July 5 - The Restless Kind
- July 12 - The Grapes of Roth
- July 19 - Ancient City Slickers
- July 26 - The Company
- August 2 - The Falling Bones
- August 9 - The Rick Arcusa Band
- August 16 - Rob Ellis Peck & Friends
- August 23 - Mike Hart Bert & the Skinny Lizards
- September 3 Labor Day* – The St. Augustine Jazz Society – John Thomas Group, ET Swing & Friends
Please note that schedule might change!
If you like to find out more about events on the coast, sign up for our newsletter in the box below!