Celebrate Fourth of July in St. Augustine, Florida
The Old City is the perfect spot to celebrate the nation’s birthday. There is always a something happening in St Augustine, and the city is always well worth a visit.
Take a stroll in the historic downtown district, enjoy the many quaint shops and restaurants and the atmosphere, before heading to the waterfront for fireworks.
St. Augustine Fireworks over Mantanzas
The spectacular Fourth of July fireworks in St Augustine will burst above the ancient Castillo de San Marcos and reflect in the waters of Matanzas Bay. Have a blast with a 20-minute long fireworks show accompanied by great patriotic music. Best vantage points located along the bayfront between the Castillo and the Bridge of Lions. Blast off is at 9:30 p.m.
For more information contact 904-825-1004
Keep in min that St. Augustine’s annual Fireworks Over The Matanzas draws more people to the downtown area than any other event all year long. So plan to come early and stay late. Rerouting of traffic will begin at 8:30pm and will include closing of the Bridge of Lions, Avenida Menendez and South Castillo Drive to all vehicular traffic to accommodate the vast number of pedestrians. The best advice is to arrive early, explore the city, enjoy the show, and be patient during departure.
The Bridge of Lions
S. Castillo Dr. and Avenida Menendez north of the Bridge of Lions
Cathedral Pl. from Avenida Menendez to St. George St.
Orange St. from S. Castillo Dr. to Ponce de Leon Blvd. (U.S. 1)
• King St. will be two-way
• King St. eastbound will turn north on St. George St., then west on Cathedral Pl. (detour routed to Cordova St. to King St.)
• Avenida Menendez northbound will turn west on King St.
• San Marco Ave. southbound will turn west on W. Castillo Dr. to Ponce de Leon Blvd. (US 1)
• W. Castillo Dr. eastbound will turn north on San Marco Ave.
• Anastasia Blvd. westbound may not cross the Bridge of Lions
• The Historic Downtown Parking Facility at the Visitors Information Center can accommodate 1,200 cars.
• All public parking throughout the city will be available at no charge the entire the day.
• The parking lot at the Castillo de San Marcos National Monument will be closed from 6:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.
Parking will be limited in the vicinity of the Plaza to facilitate traffic detours in the evening. Call 904-825-1004 for more information.
Top of the Lighthouse on the 4th of July
Create a memorable evening with the best view in St. Augustine. Celebrate Independance Day at the lighthouse and see the ancient city from above, first at sunset and then when it gets dark you can watch the spectacular fireworks over Matanzas Bay. Tickets are $40 per person and space is limited, so reserve your spot early.
St Augustine Lighthouse & Museum, 81 Lighthouse Avenue, St. Augustine, FL
Call 904.829.0745 ext. 207 or visit www.staugustinelighthouse.com
Music by the Sea Concert on July 4th, 2012
Bring your chair or a blanket and enjoy a lively musical performance Those Guys. The Concert takes place from 7 to 9 p.m. at the St. Augustine Beach Pier Pavilion on A1A Beach Blvd. Admission is free. For more information, please call 904.347.8007.
Other events in St Augustine: